Often, couples don’t know where to begin when it comes to planning their ceremony, but they know that they want it to be special and meaningful to them. And with everything else to think about, a good celebrant can be really helpful in gathering all the relevant information and taking the hard work out of the wedding ceremony. This is where my skills, resources and experience will be useful to you.
Upon booking my services, couples will have access to an extensive range of online resources from which they can select the type of service, vows, readings, poem, prayers and music to personalise your ceremony or alternatively they provide me with their own selection. Additionally, there is information regarding tips on writing your own vows, and ‘Before and After’ ceremony information.
As with every ceremony, I strive to get to know who you are and what matter to you and incorporate this into the ceremony in creative and significant ways. I always ask my couples the following questions when we meet, giving you an idea about what is discussed.
- What are your ceremony details? (Date, location, time)
- Will you have bridesmaids, groomsmen, flowergirls, page boys, witnesses?
- What do you imagine for your ceremony? Romantic, Traditional, Simple, Informal, Modern
- What ceremony music are you going to have? (live music or pre-recorded music)
- Who will ‘give you away’ or accompany you down the aisle on the day?
- Would you like to briefly acknowledge parents, children, absent family, friends during the ceremony?
- Will you exchange rings to each other?
- Would you like someone to do a reading, recite a poem or say a blessing?
- Are there any special rituals you may like to include? (eg Candle, Sand, Wine, Hand-fasting ceremony?
- Are you having a photographer? Did you want a group photograph?
- What do you imagine you’d like to say at your ceremony?
- Would you like to write your own vows to each other? Keep them secret from each other?
- How did you meet and what are your common interests?
- What are some of the things you’d like to acknowledge about each other,
- Why are you are making this lifelong commitment and what it means to you?
- What are your hopes and dreams for your life together?